Sales Executive Position Description
Founded in 1992, TAEUS is a Leading Global Provider of Intellectual Property (IP) business-cycle solutions. We maximize value for our clients through the strategic use of IP. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, TAEUS is seeking a confident, experienced and highly professional sales and business development expert to join our team as Sales Executive for the Asia Pacific region.
At TAEUS, we use our patent knowledge, technology expertise, market understanding and business experience to help the world’s largest technology companies and their law firms maximize their returns through IP portfolio management, IP-based transactions, litigation support and effective conflict resolution. We understand that our most valuable asset is our unique and strong team of dedicated professionals - and our clients know that too.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building new and growing existing business relationships with Intellectual Property clients - including large corporations, law firms, research organizations, corporate ventures, institutional and early-stage investors.
- Gathering, understanding and sharing IP market insights to inform strategic action.
- Achieving or exceeding sales targets to contribute to the company’s success
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably in a consultative sales role with hands-on involvement from prospecting to closing to relationship management.
- You bring a proactive approach that treats problems as opportunities to learn and improve and contribute. You demonstrate open communication, effective teamwork, and treating all with respect. Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and excellent negotiating skills are required.
- A degree in business, science or engineering, and/or relevant work experience is required.
- Both English and Mandarin Chinese language fluency.
- Extensive experience in relationship selling with decision makers, developing credible and productive relationships at different levels within an organization, together with the ability to work effectively in a high-performance cross-functional environment.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of sales and business development success.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property business is preferred.
- The position will be based in the Shenzen China area ideally; however, other locations may be considered depending on experience. This role involves travel within the assigned territory.
- This is a commission-only sales position to start.